1.11.2007

Brownback and Romney

I can't say I have fully examined Mitt Romney as a presidential prospect, but one disappointment I have is that he has not been consistently pro-life and used to be in favor of homosexual rights. He started off not too long ago (1994 I think?) ardently pro-choice and pro-homosexual rights lobby. That does not disqualify him in my eyes if he has strong convictions now, I just want to be sure he is not simply an opportunist.

He is charismatic, a successful businessman and can capitalize on his Massachusetts health care plan if it pans out.


I am more excited about Sam Brownback and would like to know more about him.

1 comment:

Isophorone said...

Honestly, I like Gilmmore the best. However, I do think Romney could be a formidable candidate.

I also think that if Tom Coburn of Oklahoma ran, he'd really capture the imagination of a lot of Republicans!